David's RV12 Website

Friday, July 25, 2014

New view from my GoPro camera

I fabricated a GoPro mount for the RV12 wing handle last night and went flying today. 

A friend CNC'd a part and I used scrap aluminum to frame the opening of the hand hold.



It is held by two screws and foam takes up the volume of the opening the opening.



This way I didn't permanently attach it to the wing.  The top and bottom sandwich it to hold it in place.  Easy on in a minute and padded to protect the paint, thanks bob for the machining


A few pictures from that view,  I am still amazed how that little camera performs.







I am very happy how it turned out and it is easy to put on and take off.  I still have mounts under the wing, inside the cockpit and under the tail section.  

Youtube video

 


No comments:

Post a Comment